Fire Hydrants / Ready and Able
OWWCO ID 5168
Course Duration: full work day, 7 hours
CEU Value: 0.7
Trainer: Sheldon Thomas, Director, Clear Water Legacy Inc
Contact: Office: (905) 333-9203 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainees will be taught a comprehensive inspection and maintenance procedure for maintaining hydrant performance and readiness.
- Water hammer and water column reaction to hydrant use is closely studied.
- By reference to the Ontario Fire Code, trainees will learn of the legal obligation to inspect hydrants properly and frequently.
- This course utilizes many brief video excerpts to support the training material.
Note: The client may alter the course by including a ‘hands-on’ element to this seminar* :
- Hands-on instruction is delivered at a hydrant of the clients’ choosing.
- Operators learn how to properly operate hydrants, respectful of mechanism strengths and weaknesses.
- Flow tests are run and field discharge calculations practiced.
- Requisite hydrant apparatus and dechlor chemical is provided by Clear Water Legacy.
- All trainees would be required to participate in this element.
* If a hands-on element is not preferred by the client, this training content can be substantially converted for classroom delivery. Client must advise.
Water distribution field operators and supervisors; by arrangement with the host water system, any Fire Department personnel or roster contractors
Water Distribution System Operator Training