Sanitary Water Main Repairs / Above and Beyond Disinfection
OWWCO ID 3005
Course Duration: full work day, 7 hours
CEU Value: 0.7
Trainer: Sheldon Thomas, Director, Clear Water Legacy Inc
Contact: Office: (905) 333-9203 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Course Will Focus On:
- Steps necessary to protect the water system from contamination when it is cut open for repairs or installations.
- Sanitary water main repair practices required by the SDWA, and those recommended by the AWWA to minimize the chances of system contamination.
- Additional sanitary repair practices presently recognized and implemented in other parts of the world.
- Sanitary repair and installation recommendations from:
- the World Health Organization - the USEPA and the National Research Council - the USEPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water - the Connecticut Department of Health / Drinking Water Section - AWWA C600 Standard for the Installation of Ductile Iron Pipe - the Ministry of Health stationed in Wellington, New Zealand, …. and 6 other water authorities from North America and Europe.
- Case studies that highlight the dire consequences of poor attention to cleanliness and good hygienic practices at repair sites.
- Several subject-related videos.
All water authority managers and field operators and all roster contractors
Water Distribution System Operator Training