Valves of the Trunk Water Main System
OWWCO ID 376
Course Duration: full work day, 7 hours
CEU Value: 0.7
Trainer: Sheldon Thomas, Director, Clear Water Legacy Inc
Contact: Office: (905) 333-9203 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Course Will Focus On:
- The 3 most common valves encountered in trunk water main operation, the gear-activated large diameter gate valve, the large diameter butterfly valve, and the air release/vacuum break valve.
- Proper pre-inspection procedures prior to valve operation. Emphasis is placed upon detailed valve / chamber inspection and preparation before actual operation of the valve.
- The ideal cycling technique for each valve type. Proper exercising technique is designed to preserve the valve mechanism, and to extend its service life.
- The exceptional measures of preventive care that must be provided, especially to the older valves, to ensure that trunk system water valves will perform reliably when called upon.
- A list of common valve failures and repair options to prepare trainees for problems that they might encounter during typical valve cycling exercises.
- Several operational videos.
Water distribution management and field staff ( especially those responsible for the upkeep and operation of trunk water main valves ), contractors, consultants, water system design personnel, water utility construction inspectors
Water Distribution System Operator Training