Beneath Your Feet / Encountering Buried Contaminants
OWWCO ID 377
Course Duration: full work day, 7 hours
CEU Value: 0.7
Trainer: Sheldon Thomas, Director, Clear Water Legacy Inc
Contact: Office: (905) 333-9203 email: email@example.com
The Course Will Focus On:
- The constant vigilance necessary to recognize possible hazardous contaminants that may be encountered during pipe excavations.
- The wide variety of mobile contaminants that can exist in soil and in the trench material that supports water and sewer infrastructure.
- Legislation requiring workers to give notice as soon as a possible hazardous substance or a possible adverse system condition is encountered.
- Various excerpts from water-related legislation that define ‘adverse conditions’, and ‘adverse effects’.
- The MOECC‘s notification protocol that must be followed should a worker encounter a suspected hazardous material.
- A vetted Contaminated Soil Response Protocol / how to react should workers encounter a suspected hazardous substance while excavating to expose buried infrastructure / how to remain safe.
- Clarification of the role of the MOECC.
- Select references to the Environmental Protection Act, the Safe Drinking Water Act / O. Reg. 170, the Ontario Water Resources Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Several supportive videos.
Water distribution management and field staff, contractors, consultants, water utility construction inspectors, members of water department safety section
Water Distribution System Operator Training